At the rate that we’re seeing growth in new media, technology, and business, brands have to be on their toes if they’re going to stay up-to-date with their social media strategy. Though social media marketing continues to expand at an ever increasing rate, there are a few tricks and strategies that can keep businesses in their A-Game. Here’s what you should start doing now, to keep ahead of the curve:
1) Make sure you know your channel, audience, and what they expect from you. Create effective strategies. The trends may change at lightning speed, but you don’t have to. Quality is always better than quantity. After all, you are taking your audience’s valuable time so make it worthwhile for them! By captivating their attention, you can ensure that they’ll remain eager to see more.
“Telling great customer stories is much better coming from the customer instead of the brand.” – Meghan Litchfield, Head of Global Ecommerce, GoPro.
2) Video content can create a specific narrative identity for your brand. And if done well, a lot can be expressed within a short duration of time. Considering the average human attention span is just 8 seconds (which seems double than reality), this is a handy trick for engagement. The only question is what is it that your audience enjoy? To figure it out, review your past videos. The one with the highest hits is what has worked in the past so you can come up with something similar but unique. If you are just commencing, then look at your competitors to see what kind of posts are doing well for them. Do something similar to that but ensure you create and post something unique. You are not going to be able to hide your ads in videos so don’t trick your customers! They can easily see through you. Nobody likes someone who is constantly trying to sell something to them. Seriously.
3) Add useful features to your offering to empower your customers to brag about their purchase. Their friends will buy directly from that brag. Make sure you don’t forget to track those purchases so you can express gratitude to your brand evangelists.
4) What was once called word-of-mouth marketing has now got a fancy name – “influencer marketing.” This is more important than what we consider it to be. Nieson has said that over 90% consumers trust recommendations from family and friends even if they are just selling something to them.
5) Keep your clients satisfied and ensure that they enjoy being your customers. If you receive a complaint about something, fix it immediately. By following this simple tip, you will soon be referred to others over and over by your clients. This is the kind of holistic endorsement your company needs to grow.
And really, if you think Social media is a waste of time then, you may need to get with the program (or hop in a time machine from whatever era you’re still stuck in)!
Related Post: 11 Examples of Perfect Real Estate Branding