Every start-up is faced with the challenging task of building up its presence from scratch. It starts from almost nothing. It slowly creates a presence, visibility and branding. This ultimately helps it to scale up its business and survive.
Most start-ups are faced with the challenge of operating with a limited budget. Thus, it has to do most of the things on its own, without having the luxury of outsourcing it to the experts. Hence, it has to identify ways and means of building its presence and visibility not only more efficiently, but often most cost effective too. Content marketing is a great tool which fits both these requirements. It is a proven and powerful technique of attracting the attention of the customers and establishing a presence as an expert in a certain field.
The following are some of the compelling reasons why every start-up should concentrate on content marketing:
1. Getting visibility: When users like content created by the start-up, they talk about it to people they know. This can make many people aware of the start-up and help it to gain organic visibility.
2. Increasing reach: Since content marketing is mainly done online, it can be accessed by audiences from across the globe. Thus, this is a very effective and quick way of reaching out to a wide range of customers by the start-up.
3. Building brand and trust: Over a period of time, the creation of content that reflects the unique personality of the start-up can create and strengthen its brand image. Slowly they will start trusting the start-up as an expert in its field, and purchase the products or services that it offers.
4. Cheap alternative to advertisements: As already discussed, content marketing allows you to reach out to your audience without having to resort to costlier means like advertising. In fact, if it chooses the right channels for content marketing, it can cost the start-up next to nothing. For the organizations with limited budgets, this is a great opportunity to minimize fixed marketing expenses.
5. Product differentiation: Through regular content marketing updates, the start-ups can reinforce the minds of their readers regarding how different they are from the other companies out there. This can also help in differentiating their products from their competitors and can convince many of the readers to become customers.
6. Customer engagement and retention: The normal human mindset is that if they like something, they want more of it. If the target audience develops a liking for the content that the start-up creates, they will visit the website or the blog repeatedly to read new content. They often would like email updates whenever fresh content is posted. All these will give the start-up a great opportunity to engage with them, convert them into paying customers, and communicate with them repeatedly so that repeated purchases happen.
In this way, content marketing is a great tool that every start-up should use to build their presence and grow their business.
Related Post: 9 Lessons From Our First 6 Months of Content Marketing