On-page SEO is a continuous endeavor for all Webmasters. Search engine algorithms change regularly, and the preferences of users are dynamic. Hence, your keyword strategy and other on-page SEO tactics also need to be adaptable to keep up with these changes.
However, certain basic principles of on-page SEO remains unchanged. Here are a few such points that you would need to always keep in mind to stay at the top of the SERPs:
This is the most important thing that attracts users to your website. Not only should your content be attractive and informative, it should also provide a great user experience.
- Generate fresh content regularly: It Is important create new content regularly. Stale content reduces the authority of your website. So research your keywords well and then go on to create fresh content at regular intervals.
- Choose relevant topics: Remember that the best way to draw visitors to your site is to provide them with what they are interested in. Google trends, news aggregators like Flipboard, HubSpot blog topic generator, nTopic are great tools for researching the keywords and news items that are being searched for at any point of time. You can also regularly create content around certain events, surveys, research findings etc.
- Make it information rich: After the introduction of algorithmic changes like Google Panda, any attempts to create low-quality content will hurt your SEO badly. Another deadly mistake can be to create short and sketchy content just for the sake of creating it. Ensure that your content is well researched, adequately long (but not too long), written in the correct language, engaging and informative. Focus On These On-Page SEO Strategies For Ranking Higher
- Include visual media: It has been seen that content which is supported by graphics, videos, etc. have a better chance of driving engagement by the users. Always create images, infographics and videos. Optimize them to be shared on social media and include those with the content that you create.
- Use content writing tools: Various content writing tools like Cofftivity and Evernote can help you to create content that is optimized for users and search engines.
- Distribute your content: Your content should not only be featured on your website, but also on your social media accounts, authoritative groups of experts on LinkedIn, and various other channels for a wider acceptance.
2.Title and meta tags:
For easy search-ability, ensure that the title and meta tags contain the keywords around which the content is created. The title tag should be less than 50 characters and meta tag less than 160 characters for best results.
3. Optimize your website:
- Easy navigation and crawling: The URL structure should be well-defined and easy to remember. The posts should be search-able and crawl-able by the bots without difficulty. Use the Google Search Console to detect any 404 and other crawl errors and resolve them immediately. Add appropriate 301 or 302 redirects if the page has been moved or deleted.
- Speed: check your site with the Google Pagespeed Insights and make the changes suggested by it to ensure that your web page loads quickly. Users lack patience nowadays and will quickly navigate away if your website is slow.
- Responsive website: a majority of people are browsing the internet through a mobile device nowadays. So having a responsive website that can adapt to any screen size is a must. Use Google’s mobile-friendliness test tool to check whether your website renders well on mobile devices or not. If the tests are negative, consider shifting to a responsive design immediately.