Search engine optimization is a complicated process. It required addressing a lot of minutes aspects that, if ignored, may invalidate your efforts. We therefore, thought of creating a checklist that, when followed religiously, will help you optimize your website correctly and benefit the most out of the World Wide Web.
Here is the checklist:
1. Install Google Analytics. It is a free yet premium web tracking service offer by Google, the leading search engine. It helps you keep a track of the traffic that you get on your website.
2. Install Google Webmaster tools. Google Webmaster tool is a free of cost service for webmasters. It enables webmasters to optimize their website’s visibility. You can submit your website to Google and check the indexing status. Simply speaking, it lets you monitor and maintain your website easily.
3. Install Bing Webmaster tools. They are similar to Google webmaster tool, however, they work specifically for Bing.
4. Set up a new domain specific email address for your business.
5. If you have a WordPress based website, you need to install SEO for WordPress plugin.
6. Evaluate your website to find out duplicate content, missing content, unmatched titles, etc. These issues can degrade your website’s visibility.
7. Keep a track of all emails that you receive from Google. Respond to them immediately.
8. Evaluate your website to identify and correct technical errors such as 404, 500, 301 and 302. Search engines degrade sites that have errors.
9. Use screaming frog to search your website for broken links or crawling problems. Such links can affect your visibility.
10. Optimize your content using appropriate keywords. To choose the right keywords, use Google’s keyword research tool.
11. Once you have optimized the content, optimize the URLs of the pages. Try your best to use your primary keyword in the URL.
12. Start building quality backlinks for your website.
13. Check the title tags and make sure that they are less than 65 characters. Longer titles affect the search engine results.
14. Optimize your meta description. Include keywords in it. Also, make sure they are below 155 characters. Longer meta description also affect the search results.
15. Modify your H1, H2, H3, H4 and other tags to include your primary keyword in them.
16. Use appropriate secondary and tertiary keywords in your content, including pictures, text, graphics, videos, titles, etc. Not everyone use primary keywords. People often use synonyms as well. You must therefore, focus on alternate keywords.
17. Fill your website with appropriate content. The content should be at least 1000 words and should be grammatically correct and meaningful. Search engine accessible text can help you improve your website’s rankings.
18. Double-check your website to remove any duplicate content.
19. Add ALT tag and relevant filenames to all images on your website.
20. Link internal pages. Use a SEO-friendly description in your anchor text.
*Please note: Not all these points may be applicable for you. Also, you don’t have to follow all these. Decide what is feasible and act accordingly. 100% adherence does not guarantee top positions in search engine rankings. To optimize your website accurately consult SEO Company in Phoenix.
This brief checklist will help you stay on track while optimizing your website. For more extensive details, visit our website www.organizein.com